Made elderberry pie* & shell and two cup custards & stewed prunes-
Combed Mother's hair and washed her neck-
mowed the lawn on all four sides & only left a narrow strip-
Iliff called this eve-
Charles got groceries & told us Will Hall died this A.M. at 9 o'clock-
*Irene is obviously feeling better because she is baking & cooking! Check out this elderberry pie recipe & video from Urban Nature Man. It even tells you how to pick & clean the elderberries.
Elderberry Pie from Food.com
- 4 cups elderberries
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- Combine berries, sugar, flour, and lemon juice in a medium sauce pan.
- Heat mixture until it just starts to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread bottom crust in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Spread berry mixture in pie shell.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Dot butter on top.
- Put top crust on and seal edges.
- Poke several vent holes in top crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, leaving pie in oven, and bake for 30 minutes longer.